Monday, April 6, 2009

Written on March 20, 2009

After almost 3 months of not seeing each other and 2 months of not communicating, we saw each other again at Jayson and Irene's wedding. It was really strange. It was like, out of all the people thre, you were the one I knew the most and yet, at the same time, you were a stranger to me. I have been dreading seeing you. I was actually nervous because seeing you might make me back track in my healing process. But I knew, that more than anything, I have to see you just so I know who you are to me. And so, from the day I decided to attend the wedding, I've been praying that God make me strong and give me grace and to protect me from any pain I might feel when I see you.

When I woke up yesterday, I felt different. There was a certain feeling. Like something was enveloping my heart and I felt strong, like God is with me.

And so as you can tell from the party, I was okay. I was even more comfortable than you were so it seems. You know, I wanted to talk to you but you were avoiding my gaze. I wanted to talk and see how you were. After all, I loved you for 6 years. How can I not care? I didn't want to talk about our issues because there's no point in going back to them. I'm just really sad it had come to this. Us, not talking, barely acknowledging each other. I guess it isn't time yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment